'Anything But Khamosh': Will Shatrughan Sinha's biography spark fresh controversies?
Actor-turned Politician Shatrughan Sinha Is All Set To Release His Biography Titled 'Anything But Khamosh' In New Delhi On Wednesday.
Actor-turned politician Shatrughan Sinha is all set to release his biography titled 'Anything But Khamosh' in New Delhi on Wednesday.
BJP veteran leader and Sinha's mentor LK Advani will be the chief guest and will be releasing the book at an event, that will also be attended by the actor’s daughter Sonakshi Sinha.
Sinha has been in headlines since BJP’s debacle in Bihar Assembly polls. He openly came out in support of suspended BJP MP Kirti Azad, who accused Finance Minister Arun Jaitley of massive irregularities in DDCA.
The content of the biography shows Sinha’s aggression towards the ruling party. Without taking any names, the book hints towards two top leaders of the party who got Cabinet posts despite of their poor performance in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Here are some of the quotes picked up from Sinha’s biography:
Not only Johnnies-come-lately but also some who had lost the Lok Sabha elections, perhaps humiliatingly, were rewarded with not one but two and three ministerial posts, marginalising those who'd won with a record margin, marginalising those who'd won with a record margin.
- I can contest as an independent and had the support of many, ranging from Nitish Kumar to Lalu Prasad to Rahul Gandhi. I have friends everywhere.
- If there is one regret that I have in politics, it is that I was made to fight Rajesh Khanna from Delhi in 1991.
- I cried after losing the election from Delhi in 1991. I also felt very let down because Advani ji had not come even for one day to campaign for me.
- Politics showed its ugly profile in many ways. After I lost that election, I was so sharply sidelined that I would be made to feel distinctly unwelcome at our party office on Ashoka Road. People would stop talking when I entered, or change the topic and make me uncomfortable.
- I have done nothing against the party, but they can expel me if they want. If they do expel me though, they shouldn't forget Newton's 3rd law; every reaction has it's equal and opposite reaction.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 06 Jan 2016, 09:49:00 AM