News Nation Logo

Woman burnt alive after alleged molestation in Uttar Pradesh’s Sitapur

The Incident Took Place On December 1 When Two Men Burnt Her Alive While She Was On Her Way To The Police Station To File A Complaint.

News Nation Bureau | Edited By : Shashikant Sharma | Updated on: 03 Dec 2018, 12:09:49 PM
The woman was turned away by the police when she went to Tambor polie state to file an FIR against the accused who molested her. (Representational Image)

New Delhi:

In a gruesome act, a woman in Uttar Pradesh’s Sitapur was burnt alive barely two days after alleged molestation, Police said on Monday. The women was admitted to hospital in critical condition with 40-45 per cent burn injuries. The incident took place on December 1 when two men burnt her alive while she was on her way to the police station to file a complaint.

“Two men burnt her alive. She is 40-45% burnt with face and upper body most affected. She was molested on November 29. On December 1, she was burnt alive when she went to washroom.One accused has been arrested,” Sujeet Kumar Pandey, IG Lucknow Zone said.

 Also Read | Home 'most dangerous' place for women: UN Study

According to the reports, the woman was turned away by the police when she went to Tambor polie state to file an FIR against the accused who molested her. The Uttar Pradesh DGP OP Singh has suspended Tambor SHO Om Prakash Saroj for negligence in supervision and head constable Chedilal for not attending to her complaint.

Meanwhile, the police have arrested one of the accused while the other was still on the run. An investigation has also been initiated against the local police outpost in-charge, Manoj Kumar. If found guilty, stringent action will be taken against him, the DGP assured English daily the Times of India.

On November 29, the accused men, who were brothers, passed indecent comments on the victim while she was going to her in-law’s house in a nearby village. However, the woman somehow get away from the scene and reached Tambor police station to lodge a complaint. But the police personnel on duty - head constable Chedilal - sent  her home without registering an FIR. She then reached her in-law’s house and narrated her ordeal.

 Also Read | Odisha: Husband thrashes wife with wooden plank suspecting her infidelity

On this, her family called UP police’s helpline number 100 and informed them about the incident. A PCR cab reached her home and advised her to register a written complaint at the Tambor police station. Next day, when she was going to the Tambor police station for the second time  to register a written complaint, the accused intercepted her and set her ablaze.

For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 03 Dec 2018, 12:08:06 PM