Yogi Adityanath Cabinet has decided to observe January 24 as the Uttar Pradesh Foundation Day. The cabinet, which met on Tuesday, also made crucial decisions with regards to e-commerce, mining, a fertiliser factory, official transfers and GST.
Here are the key decisions made at Tuesday's cabinet meeting:
1) UP Cabinet decided to hold state foundation day on January 24. To mark the occasion, transport, information and the cultural department will organise joint programmes. The festival will also be celebrated outside the state.
2) All departments will be equipped with e-trading. Manual systems will be phased out. Income Tax department will assist departments in implementing this decision.
3) Centre Govt had decided to invest in Gorakhpur fertiliser factory in 2016. Cabinet cleared concessions in stamp duty in the transfer of the land for the purpose to speed up the process.
4) District-wise mining foundations to be established. The fund earned by these foundations will be used to fund schemes for the same districts.
5) Cabinet also approved transfers of employees and officers. Limit of transfers fixed at 20 per year.
6) Cabinet approves GST. Bill to be presented in next assembly session, due to begin on May 15.