Rainy season tips: How to slay the 'on-point' make-up look this monsoon
When Not Done Right, Makeup Can Be A Let-down. Find Out How To Slay The Right Makeup During Monsoon.
Monsoon is here and as much as we love the tip-tip-barsa pani, for makeup-lovers, monsoon could be a cold friend. Wearing makeup, like how alchemists make gold has some magic or what we call tricks that makes it look flawless. Because when it is not done right, makeup will always be a let-down. Melting like ice-creams during summer, dry and cakey as dry-mud during winter or end up with a smudged, mud-kissed look during monsoon
So, what are the tricks to slaying the perfect makeup wear this monsoon?
- When nature gives you water, go waterproof. Unless you don’t’ like a smudgy look where you appear as if you had a made-out session with the mud, go waterproof. For the lips, try matte tints or other lip product such as ultra-matte, dry-finish lip liquids.
- If you are one among those with normal or oil skin, grab the primers. Applying primers as the base will build a smear-proof makeup acting as a shield for dust, water and debris. It also helps in making the pores look less-visible and reduce perspiration.
- Contrary to going for powder-bases foundations, go creamy for the cheeks. Cream-based cheek tints glide on the skin like velvet and gives you the natural flush of blush in the gloomy weather.
- Say no to mascaras! While mascaras are like the magic wand in our makeup box, you can skip the mascara and instead go for pencil liner then liquid eyeliner. However, if you are one among those who cannot possibly go out without a coat of mascara on, apply a light coat of water-resistant mascaras.
- As much as we love the carefree, untied hair, do not leave your hair open during monsoons. Monsoons are notorious for giving us frizzy hair, to avoid the dull look tie it up neatly in a bun or tie it in a loose braid and accessorise it to accentuate your look.
First Published : 26 Jul 2019, 04:59:42 PM