While coconut oil is generally known to be a healthy diet for people from eight to 80, the latest study, led by beauty experts Dolly Kumar and Bindiya Gupta has found it helpful for a hydrated and healthy lip throughout the year.
Experts suggest that using lip balms with superfoods like blueberries and exfoliate chapped lips with a product with right ingredients like coconut oil or jojoba oil and brown sugar will add some extra charm to your look.
Check out the following tips to drool people over your appealing appearances with a pair of captivating lips.
- Blueberries are rich in anti-oxidants, which protect from premature ageing.
- Grapefruits and mandarins contain Vitamins A and C, minerals and antioxidants and the potassium present in the grapefruit provide a protective shield against UV rays.
- Cranberries have a high percentage of vitamin B3, vitamin B5 and antioxidants making it useful in shielding you from any harm caused due to environmental factors.
1. Apply a thin layer of a multipurpose organic balm and brush your lips with a soft toothbrush for scrubbing the dead skins off. Make sure you're using an old toothbrush, which you generally use to brush your teeth.
2. Using coconut oil and sugar is a really simple, inexpensive and easy way to exfoliate your lips. Mix together a little organic coconut oil with some granulated sugar then scrub your lips with it. Just rinse it off when you're done and apply a bit of lip balm.
3. Rose water and glycerine are both said to have various benefits. While rosewater will leave a light pink tint on your lips, the glycerine will take away the dry and dead skin. Combine both these products and apply it to your lips and get rid of all the dead skin and dryness.
4. Use jojoba oil as it will provide the much-wanted nourishment and moisturising effect. Mix it with brown sugar as it is good for exfoliation. Scrub your lips with this mix and witness the smooth lips that are free from all the dirt and dryness. Massage it in for not more than 3-4 minutes.
5. Green tea oil is full of goodness and antioxidants that can help calm, reduce redness, reveal radiance that looks healthy and has a glow all year around. It makes for the perfect scrub for this time of the year to help prolong the summer glow.
Talking about another efficacy, coconut oil is an effective treatment for preventing bleeding lips.
(With inputs from agencies)