5 things you didnâ€™t know about your favorite Oreos
What If We Tell You That Men And Women Eat Oreos Differently? Yes, There Are Many Things About Your Favorite Oreos That You Need To Know.
New Delhi :
What if we tell you that men and women eat Oreos differently? Yes, there are many things about your favorite Oreos that you need to know.
These iconic cookies have been incorporated in almost every food, from milk, caramel, cupcakes and so on. But here we have five things which may have gone unnoticed or probably you didn’t know about Oreos.
- There is an Oreo way: Commonly known as Nabisco, several baking companies came together and created the National Biscuit Company. A bakery was opened between 15th and 16th streets in New York at the Chelsea Market Building, which now celebrates its status as the birthplace of the Oreo and is known as Oreo Way.
- Its ratio is precise The precision that is followed while making it is what makes it even classic to have it. The cookie-to-crème ratio of an original Oreo cookie is always, without fail, 71 percent to 29 percent.
- Oreos had different names then: this favourite biscuit has gone through multiple identity crisis in the past. In 1912, it was called Oreo Biscuit, in 1921 it was called Oreo Sandwich.
- Oreos used to be sold by weight: Oreos used to cost 30 cents per pound and a pound of regular Oreos has about 40 cookies.
- They used to be made with lard: Oreo fillings were once made with lard.
First Published : 09 Jan 2016, 02:05:00 PM