Sunday Munch: Perfect white cheese chicken lasagne to break the Karwa Chauth fast
Time to spoil yourself after the long Karwa Chauth fast. And what better way of breaking the fast than with the delicious white cheese chicken lasagne. The creamy white cheese sauce with the bites of chicken is perfect for any day, but even more perfect when you invest time in making your own lasagne.
Also Read | Five foods to safeguard yourself against smog and air pollution
Time: 1 h 15 mPrep: 25mCook: 50m
Ingredients for white cheese chicken lasagne
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup butter1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups cubed , cooked chicken
- 2 package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese for topping
Steps for white cheese chicken lasagne:
- First cook the lasagne noodles in boiling water with salt for 8 to 10 minutes white preheating the oven to 175 degrees. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Then add the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Season the mixture with the basil, oregano, and ground black pepper. Remove from heat, and set aside.[10:30, 10/28/2018]
- In a baking dish, spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom then layer it with 1/3 of the noodles, the ricotta, and the chicken. Arrange 1/3 of the noodles over the chicken, and layer with 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach, and the remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange remaining noodles over cheese, and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes and your white cheese chicken lasagne is ready!
First Published : 28 Oct 2018, 11:14:35 AM