Sunday Munch: Lemony Greek Chicken soup to make up for the festive fasts
This 20-minute Lemony Greek Chicken soup is here to make up for the Navratri fasts. It is simple, quick and the perfect slurp to make up for the essential nutrients you’ve missed out. Rich in protein, lemony for the lazy Sunday and zesty with its Greek flavours, this Lemony Greek Chicken soup is also perfect for the arriving winter.
Also Read | Meditation can help lower eye pressure in glaucoma patients: Study
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for the Lemony Greek chicken
• 10 cups chicken broth
• 3 tablespoon olive oil
• 8 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 sweet onion
• 1 large lemon, zested
• 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1 cup Israeli couscous
• 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
• 2 ounces crumbled feta
• 1/3 cup chopped chive
Steps for the Lemony Greek Chicken soup
- In a 6-8-quart sauce pot, pour the olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Peel the onion, then quarter it and slice into thin strips. Saute the onion with the minced garlic for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Now add the chicken broth, raw chicken breasts, lemon zest, and crushed red pepper to the pot. Raise the heat to high, cover, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now stir in the couscous to the mixture and add 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper to taste. Stir it all together for 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Remove the two chicken breasts using tongs from the pot. Take a fork and shred the chicken to fine pieces and add it all again to the pot.
- Stir in the crumbled feta cheese and chopped chive. Add salt and pepper as needed.
Also Read | Drink these irresistible smoothies to stay slim and fit
Your warm, slurpy soup is ready
First Published : 21 Oct 2018, 11:57:21 AM