Moringa is the new superfood | Here’s why
Moringa or the Miracle Tree is the newest addition to superfoods as per the wellness culture. According to recent studies, Moringa leaves “contain more Vitamin A than carrots, more calcium than milk, more iron than spinach, more Vitamin C than oranges, and more potassium than bananas.” This versatile plant has also proven to be equally important as a food, especially in parts of the world where food is scare. It grows easily and is drought-resistant and sometimes referred to as the “drumstick tree.”
This new superfood comes with many health benefits.
- Recent study shows that the bark, sap, roots, leaves, seeds, and flowers of the moringa tree can be used to treat a variety of ailments including: stomach disorders, edema, neurodegenerative diseases, diabetes, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, thyroid disorder, anemia , bacterial, fungal, viral, and parasitic infections.
- The leaves when eaten have also been linked to having positive effects on parts of the body such as-liver function, skin and hair, bone health. It also increases immunity, cardiovascular health, kidney function, eye health, and prevent cancer.
- The protein content in the moringa leaves also proves to be a miracle worker. In fact, moringa leaves are so rich in protein, it surpasses even that of milk or eggs.
- The superfood, moringa oil is also expected to be used in many beauty products which sure is not going to be a disappointment.
- The fruit of this miracle tree also known as drumsticks are also a relishing vegetable. In fact, a lot of countries such as India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan have been eating it for generations.
It is a wonder that this superfood has just been recently discovered. But whichever the case, moringa for the wellness culture is here to stay.
Also Read | Grow neem trees for good health
First Published : 01 Sep 2018, 02:02:04 PM