Surprising things that cause hair-thinning and balding
Balding can give rise to a lot of insecurities and affect your everyday, normal life. Mostly, hair balding is caused by a hereditary condition but sometimes the condition can arise due to neglect in health. With men, balding is related to the male hormone called dihydrotestosterone, which causes old hairs on the scalp to be replaced by progressively shorter and thinner hairs in a predictable pattern.
Also Read | 10 Signs that say you’re healthy, despite the weight!
These are some of the culprits that further escalate this condition:
- Lack of vitamins: Vitamins are essential to the hair as they are to the body. Vitamin E improves the blood circulation the scalp and help hair follicles remain productive. Other vitamins such as vitamin A are also known to boost healthy sebum to the hair scalp. Take nuts, seeds, wheat germ for the hair to prevent balding.
- Not Massaging your hair: Apart from ingesting nuts and seeds directly, massaging them to the scalp directly can also be a great practise to prevent balding. Massaging the scalp with essential oils such as almond, sesame will help hair follicles remain active and strong.
- Not using hair packs and home remedies: To prevent balding, a strong hair is a must. Garlic juice mixed with onion juice helps stimulate the hair, encouraging growth, strength and nourishment. They are hence a great mixture for weakened hair. Raw garlic is high in vitamins and minerals such as vitamins B-6 and C, manganese, and selenium, which all promotes healthy hair.
- Brushing the hair when still wet: Unlike the popular beliefs of brushing the hair when wet, this habit is a big No for hair problems. This is because the hair is at its weakest when wet hence brushing them will only promote more hair loss. Instead of using combs or brushes use your fingers instead to untangle your hair or wait till it is dry to comb.
- Smoking: The substances found in cigarettes -nicotine and carbon monoxide restrict the flow of blood and oxygen to the body’s extremities, including the hair follicles. The hair as such goes into the inactive phase and starts to lack nourishment and, as a result, starts falling away from the scalp.
- Lack of physical activity: Making time for physical activity also does good for your hair as it does for your body. This is because when one remains physically active, you maintain a hormonal balance. As such, you stress is reduced which in turn reduces your hairfall/balding.
First Published : 20 Sep 2018, 04:14:14 PM