Don't miss these bedtime snacks for a good night sleep
Do you know that certain bedtime snacks can give you a good-night’s sleep? Eating right in the night can help you sleep better, experts say. Hence it is important to know what snacks to eat before you hit the sack. During sleep, the growth hormone is naturally released and your body has a chance to replace chemicals and repair muscles, other tissues and aging or dead cells. While many struggle to sleep, wellness experts advise snacking on these bedtime snacks to get a good night sleep.
Also Read | Common weight loss mistakes you might be making
- Cheese and crackers: Drinking warm milk to sleep better is always advised. And the truth behind this is that most dairy products contain sleep-inducing amino acid, tryptophan. This tryptophan help promotes sleep.
- Lettuce: Consuming green, leafy lettuce can help you get a good-night’s sleep. This is because lettuce contain lactucarium, a sedative property that affects the brain similar to that of opium, according to experts.
- Cold-water fish: Fish such as tuna, halibut, and salmon are high in vitamin B6, which your body needs to make melatonin and serotonin. Serotonin is an important chemical and neurotransmitter in the human body that help regulate mood, social behaviour, appetite, digestion and sleep.
- Cherry juice: According to studies, cherry juice could make you fall asleep faster. Cherries such as tart cherries naturally boost levels of melatonin. As such, they are known to help treat insomnia problems.
- Chamomile tea: Chamomile tea is known to be a great stress-busting tea. Seeping on a glass of chamomile tea will help you sleep because chamomile tea is associated with an increase of glycine. Glycine are a chemical that relaxes the nerves and muscles acting as a mild sedative.
Also Read | Tulsi Plant: Five amazing benefits of this queen of herbs
Replenishing yourself with this bedtime-snack will give you a good-night rest and reduce the risk of developing certain chronic illnesses, keep your brain and digestion healthy and boost your immune system.
First Published : 15 Sep 2018, 07:04:51 PM