Desi ghee for weight loss: Can desi ghee help burn belly fat and lose weight?
Ghee or clarified butter made from cow’s milk is found in every Indian household. Since ghee has a high content of fat, eating ghee for weight loss or a flat stomach sounds almost oxymoronic. But what many fail to realise is that ghee has an excellent source of fat-soluble vitamins and healthy fatty acids that aid in weight loss. It also has essential nutrients that are needed for a healthy body.
Also Read | Six uses of essential oils that will blow your mind
Many studies on ghee also suggested that since pure desi ghee separates milk from fat, this butter substitute is ‘lactose-free’. Hence, people dealing with a lactose intolerance can also savour them. Here is how ghee helps in burning belly fat and losing weight:
- Add ghee to your weight loss plan: Worried about the accumulating fat? Add ghee to your weight loss plan because ghee is packed with essential amino acids that has been known to assist in mobilising the fat and making the fat cells to die down.
- Ghee is rich in Omega fats: Omega-3 fatty acids are one of the "good" types of fat. Ghee is not only rich in Omega 3 fatty acids (DHA) it also contains omega-6 (CLA) known to help increase lean body mass while reducing fat mass.
- Ghee can help lower cholesterol: Studies have also shown that consuming a bit of ghee in the everyday diet of both humans and animals can result in lowering of the bad LDL cholesterol. They also determined that since ghee controls cholesterol metabolism it will also lower LDL reading.
- Medicinal uses of Ghee: Ghee has been revered as a remedy since ayurvedic times. Intake of ghee helps improve the digestive system further preventing inflammation. As both play a very crucial role in losing weight, ghee can be ingested as a healthy fat.
- Eat ghee for a flat stomach: Ghee has also been known to contain butyric acid and medium chain triglycerides which can help mobilise the persistent belly fat.
Also Read | Influential street-style photography from around the world
Did you also know that desi ghee makes an excellent, natural beauty product? Ghee makes an excellent moisturizer since ghee contains essential fatty acids that induce hydration in the skin cells, it moisturizes dry skin. It can also be used as a chapstick for dried dehydrated lips especially, during the winter season. Ghee can also act as a very useful ingredient in hair care regimen as well. It conditions dry, frizzy, and rough hair making it extremely soft and glossy. A combination of ghee with coconut oil, when applied to the scalp till the ends, can treat almost any problem related to hair.
First Published : 26 Sep 2018, 01:48:45 PM