Stay flu free with these food items
Flu, also known as influenza, is one of the most common ailment people suffer from. The symptoms include high fever, sore throat, runny nose, muscle pain which can prove a hindrance to your everyday lives. And although this disease often peaks between December and February, its spread increases in the month of October.
However, with these food items you can safeguard yourselves from the prevailing viruses. Carrying healthy nutrients and essentials, these food items help boost the immunity system.
Also Read | Lemony Greek Chicken soup to make up for the festive fasts
Implement these food items in your diet plan to keep the flu at bay:
- Leafy Greens: To boost your immunity greens are the best deal. They provide you with essential nutrients like vitamin C, A, E, a powerful antioxidant punch and folate which are all immunity booster elements. Make sure to add spinach, kale, broccoli among others to stay ward off the influenza virus.
- Citrus fruits: It is a universal fact that fruits are latent with all the health-supplementing elements. Citrus fruits are packed with vitamin C and antioxidants which will boost to your immunity. Make sure to have a glass of this magic potion from oranges, lemon, lime, tomato, pineapple or other citrus fruits to stay healthy.
- Garlic: You might know them as a food-flavouring agent but has been used in alternative medicine for a variety of ailments for centuries. Study conducted on people with flu showd that consuming garlic enhanced immunity and also reduced symptom severity. Due to the immune-enhancing effects eating garlic at the first signs of the flu will be a sure flu-fight weapon.
- Oatmeal: There is a reason you mum always a bowl of oatmeal porridge ready when you are unwell. Oatmeal, like other whole grains, is also a natural source of immune-boosting vitamin E. It is also known to contain polyphenol antioxidants as well as immunity-strengthening beta-glucan fiber.
- Broth: Regarding of your food preferences which might be greens or meat, broth is one of the best things you can have when you have the flu. Eat it as soon as your symptoms begin, this will help prevent dehydration. The warm elements of the broth will also help ease the sore throat and relieve congestion.
Also Read | Drink these irresistible smoothies to stay slim and fit
First Published : 21 Oct 2018, 02:49:28 PM