Have Sensitive Or Bleeding Gums? 5 Food You Should Eat To Get Healthier Gums
The Early Infection Of Gingivitis Or Inflamed Gums Have Common Symptom Such As Easy Bleeding, Swelling, Leaving A Bad Taste In The Mouth, Bad Breath And Even Tooth Decay.
Unhealthy or sensitive gums starts when plaque builds up under and along the gum line. This early infection of gingivitis or inflammed gum show common symptom such as easy bleeding, swelling, leaving a bad taste in the mouth, bad breath and even tooth decay. The reason of having a sensitive gum can be manifold, it can either be you not brushing your teeth as required to be, not maintaining an oral hygiene or failing to see the dentist. When ignored gum bleeding can also prove disastrous leading to the development of advanced periodontitis which can destroy the gums, bones, and tissues connected to your teeth.
Hence, as much as oral hygiene is a no. 1 priory for healthy gum, it is also rudimentary to keep check of what food to eat and not to eat to keep your gum healthy. Below is a lost of five food that will keep your gum healthy:
- Citrus Fruits: Rich with Vitamin C and antioxidants acidic fruits such as oranges, kiwis, pineapple, and strawberries have anti-inflammatory propriety reducing the risk of developing sensitive gums.
- Dairy Products: It does not need remining that calcium found in dairy products such as milk, cheese and yogurt help to strengthen bone and teeth. Dairy products contain protein called casein which helps to neutralize oral acids that are produced by bacteria in the mouth.
- Green tea: Green tea is rich with antioxidants and anti-infmamtory properties called catechins. Hence drinking drink tea can help gums fight and reduce inflammation caused by the one of the types of oral bacteria.
- Salmon or other fatty fish: Omega-3s are known for their anti-inflammatory properties which is found abundantly in oily fishes.
- Broccoli: Rich in protein, Vitamin B1, magnesium, iron, calcium, niacin, and selenium and Vitamin C, broccoli supply nutrients that are needed for healthy gum.
Other gum-disease fighting food include nuts, shiitake mushrooms, onions, leafy greens among others.
First Published : 03 Oct 2019, 12:44:24 PM