Navratri 2019: Dos and Donts for Devotees Who Wants To Keep Fast
Navratri is just around the corner with thousands of devotees gearing up to welcome goddess Durga. Every year, the auspicious festival is celebrated with great zeal and fanfare across India. This year, the festivities will begin from September 29. And before you slip into your best attire for the glittering dandiya night, don't forget to wish your friends, family and well-wishers a very Happy Navratri.
The fasting that is observed during the festival has a scientific significance since during Navratri, light and nutritious meals are consumed which could help in protecting the body from various seasonal infections.
Fasting helps in cleansing our system and there are certain guidelines which need to be followed while fasting during Navratri.
Dos and don’ts for fasting during Navratri
1. Take bath everyday, to keep yurself clean and hydrated
2. The Navratri diet comprises fruits, nuts, milk and some flours. It is important that you maintain an alkaline diet.
3. This fasting season, dehydration is not something you want to experience. To ensure proper body functioning and ensure that you don't drain yourself in the festivities, hydration levels should always be maintained.
4. During navatri, people tend to consume lots pf sweets. This habit does more ham A lot of sweets available in the market are made with refined or processed sugar which are definitely unhealthy and something you should avoid as much as you can as it can make you prone to a lot of health problems
5. There will be lots of products which say ‘Diet Chips’ or ‘For Navratri’ which are basically ways to get the customer to buy these products. It is better to opt for home-cooked meals and keep it as simple as possible.