Sleep tight to boost your memory!
Nowadays If You Are Fretting About Loss Of Memory, Blame It On Lack Of Proper Sleep Which Is Affecting Your Health.Reason Being That Sleep Sorts Out Several Experiences Of Everyday Encounters And Thus Boost Your Memory.
New Delhi :
Nowadays if you are fretting about loss of memory, blame it on lack of proper sleep which is affecting your health.Reason being that sleep sorts out several experiences of everyday encounters and thus boost your memory.
This happens because brain retains only important information in memory pockets and replay day’s activities at fast-forward speed during sleep.
The key result is that sleep replay strengthens the microscopic connections between nerve cells that are active -- a process deemed critical for consolidating memories.
According to lead researcher Jack Mellor from University of Bristol, "These findings are about the fundamental processes that occur in the brain during the consolidation of memory during sleep."
The new discoveries provide further evidence for the benefits of a good night's sleep.
How to get better sleep!
- Always support your body’s natural rythms
- Try to go to sleep and get up at the same time every day. Sticking to a consistent sleep-wake schedule helps set your body’s internal clock and optimize the quality of your sleep.
- Avoid sleeping in—even on weekends or nights you’ve stayed up late. It can be tempting to sleep in on weekends, but even a couple hour difference in wake time disrupts your internal clock. Be smart about napping. As mentioned above, napping is a good way to recharge and make up for lost sleep hours.
- Fight after-dinner drowsiness. If you find yourself getting sleepy way before your bedtime, get off the couch and do something mildly stimulating to avoid falling asleep
- For a better sleep, time your exercise rightAlways Be smart about what you eat and drink.
First Published : 22 Feb 2016, 12:56:00 PM