Janmashtami 2018: Bollywood Playlist That Perfectly Captures the Festive Essence
Janmashtami, the celebration of Lord Krishna's birthday, goes hand in hand with music and dance. After all, mischievous Govinda was an expert with the flute and no one could help but dance to his beautiful melodious tunes! Even otherwise, there's nothing like celebrating Baal Gopal's birthday with foot-tapping music! We’re here to help you with that by compiling a Janamashtmi playlist with some of the best Bollywood songs suitable for this fun-filled occasion.
- This famous song from the Hindi movie Amar Prem celebrates the mother-son bond between Krishna and his mother Yashoda. Lata Mangeshkar gave her voice to this beautiful composition. Troubled by Krishna’s mischievous antics Yashoda would punish and scold him. But nothing as compared to the love she showered on him. This makes for a beautiful dedication to the little Krishna who has stolen your heart aww.
- Another beautiful track from Sooraj Barjatya’s Hum Saath Saath Hain is a superb choice. Originally sung by Kavita Krishnamurthy, Anuradha Paudwal and Alka Yagnik, this song is brimming with childlike innocence. Hear it to know what we are talking about!
- This eternal classic song from the Hindi movie Kisna perfectly captures the many shades of Gopal. Rendered by Sukhwinder Singh, It is a playful, peppy tune to dance to!
- There’s no song full of fun and frolic like Go Go Go Govinda from Oh My God composed by Himesh Reshmiya. This vibrant song will force you to shake a leg like Prabhu Deva and Sonakshi. We are sure about that!Embed Go go Govinda)
- Celebrate the dahi handi with this upbeat and catchy track sung by Salman Khan himself. This notorious number is a real game changer in this perfect playlist.
- From the epic Oscar nominated movie Lagaan, this track – Radha Kaise Na Jale is undoubtedly the best song to describe the cute bonding between Radha and Krishna. Nobody other than Udit Narayna and Asha Bhosle could have done justice to this song. This song will set a perfect festive vibe that’ll force everyone for an adorable performance.
- Yashomati Maiya Se Bole Nand lala Lyrics from the movie Satyam Shivam Sundaram is sung by the iconic duo Lata Mangeshkar and Manna Dey. This song beautifully shows innocent Krishna complaining about his dark complexion.
Sway to these tunes and you may end up dancing more than you’ve bargained for!
Also Read | Janmashtami 2018: Date, significance, muhrat, celebration and more
First Published : 02 Sep 2018, 03:48:52 PM