Chaitra Navratri 2019: Dos and don'ts to keep in mind before fasting
While The Rituals Of His Holy Festival Comprise Chanting Prayers For Maa Durga, Fasting For Nine Days Is Also An Important Part Of Navratri Celebrations.
The holy festival of Chaitra Navratri, which is one of the biggest Hindu festivals, began on Saturday. It is dedicated to the nine forms of Maa Durga, who is the symbol of feminine power.
While the rituals of his holy festival comprise chanting prayers for Maa Durga, fasting for nine days is also an important part of Navratri celebrations.
So as the country prepares to celebrate Chaitra Navratri with fervour and gaiety, we bring some important points that one should keep in mind before fasting for the holy festival.
Dos for Chaitra Navratri:
- It is important to take bath before 9 am every day and perform pooja.
- While red is considered to be the colour of Maa Durga, it is important for the devotees to offer red chunari, red flowers to the goddess.
- One should fast with utmost dedication where the devotees are supposed to eat once a day. In fact, they must eat only fast-friendly food during Navratri.
- It is required to offer homemade food to the goddess every day. However, in a case, if it is not possible, then the devotees must offer fruits and milk.
Don'ts for Chaitra Navratri:
- One must avoid cutting nails and hair during the nine days of Navratri.
- The devotees are not allowed to consume alcohol and non-vegetarian food during the holy festival
- It is important not to wear slippers in the house during Navratri celebration.
- One should not stitch or knit anything during Navratri.
First Published : 06 Apr 2019, 07:57:24 AM