Mahavir Jayanti, also known as Mahaveer Janma Kalyanak, marks the birth anniversary of Lord Mahavir, the founder of Jainism. This year, Mahavir Jayanti will be observed on 17 April, 2019. The date of Mahavir Jayanti changes every year in accordance with the Hindu calendar as it is celebrated on the thirteenth day of the month Chaitra.
According to mythology, Lord Mahavir was born to King Siddhartha and Queen Trishala. He was born in Kundalpur of Vaishali, which now lies in Bihar. As the story goes, the young prince left his possessions and home at the age of 30 to find spiritual awakening. If you want to send your wishes for the festive day to loved ones, here are a list of messages, wishes, greeting cards and Facebook statuses that could inspire you.
1. May the holy words show you the path to never-ending happiness. Sending you warm wishes. Happy Mahavir Jayanti.
2. Adopt the path of Truth, Knowledge and Non-violenceHappy Mahavir Jayanti!
3. Little keys can open big locks. Simple words can express great thoughts. I hope my simple pray can make your life great. Happy Mahavir Jayanti!
4. The Best way to observe such auspicious occasion is to strive for peace and strengthening the bonds of brotherhood. Happy Mahavir Jayanti!
5. May Lord Mahavir Bless you abundantly and fill your life with the virtue of truth, nonviolence & external compassion. Happy Mahavir Jayanti!
6. Let’s Pray for Peace and Harmony for all the humankind on this auspicious day Happy Mahavir Jayanti.
7. Wish you a very Happy Mahavir JayantiMay Lord Mahavir Bless you on Mahavir Jayanti and Always.
8. I always ask Lord Mahavir to give you what you DESERVE, Not what you DESIRE!! It is because your Desires may be few! But you Deserve a LOT! Happy Mahavir Jayanti!