News Nation Logo

Smelly socks: Man develops lung cancer after sniffing his outrageously stinky socks every day

A Man In China Develops Lung Cancer After Smelling His Smelly Socks Everyday.

News Nation Bureau | Edited By : Chanshimla Varah | Updated on: 17 Dec 2018, 05:38:29 PM
Man develops lung cancer because of his stinky socks (Photo: Twitter)

New Delhi:

Smelly socks issue? The problem can get hazardous! Recently a viral video circulated on social media that showed a cat’s hilarious response to the owner’s smelly socks. This time, however, it is not a cat that is undergoing an unbearable ordeal, it is the person himself. In what could be considered the most bizarre of the bizarre a man from China is reported to have developed a fungal infection in his lungs after smelling his own socks every day after work. 

Metro reports state that the unnamed man from China who had the strangest habit of sniffing his socks every day while changing clothes after work. The news continue stating that it is because of the unhygienic habit that led to him catching an infection from a fungus that had developed in his footwear because of his sweaty feet. The infection spread to his lungs after he breathed in spores.

Also Read| Kesar: Incredible benefits of saffron for great health and beauty

The man who suffered infection after the fungus spread to his lungs is now admitted at a hospital in the city of Zhangzhou, where an x-ray has confirmed the infection. A doctor told local reporters that the man's unusual sock-sniffing habit led to the infection. The Shanghaiist also reports that the man also added that the man's immune system had been weakened by staying up too late while taking care of a baby, getting very little sleep with the smelly socks worsening his health. 

Stinky socks problem can be more hazardous than it is funny. In July this year, passengers of Spirit Airlines flight were forced to land in South Carolina after a mysterious stench—likened by some onboard as the odor of "dirty socks"—started giving passengers chest pains and burning throats. After making an emergency detour to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, between seven and ten passengers were raced to a nearby hospital, local fire officials said. The remaining passengers were hurried off the plane and held on the tarmac while a Hazmat team investigated the smell. 

For all the Latest Offbeat News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 17 Dec 2018, 05:38:16 PM