News Nation Logo

Tamil Nadu girl consumes chocolate laced with tiny battery, light

She Was Taken To The Coimbatore Medical College Hospital Where A Scan Revealed The Presence Of The Battery In The Stomach. She Was Being Treated And Kept Under Observation, Sources In The Hospital Said.

PTI | Updated on: 12 Aug 2019, 09:18:54 PM
Representative image

Representative image

Udhagamandalam:

A nine-year-old girl took ill after consuming a chocolate laced with a tiny battery and a light. Jayashikha, a fourth standard student, residing near Udhagamandalam swallowed the chocolate offered by her parent on Sunday evening and later complained of severe stomach pain, family sources said.

She was taken to the Coimbatore Medical College Hospital where a scan revealed the presence of the battery in the stomach. She was being treated and kept under observation, sources in the hospital said.

For all the Latest Offbeat News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 12 Aug 2019, 09:01:24 PM