Happy Birthday Rohit Sharma: Five lesser-known facts about â€˜Hit-Manâ€™ of Indian cricket
Happy Birthday Rohit Sharma: Cricket Star Rohit Sharma A Treat For His Fans On Field Is Celebrating His 32nd Birthday Today
Star cricketer, Rohit Sharma a treat for his fans on field is celebrating his 32nd birthday today. Born on April 30, 1987, Rohit is the only batsman in the world to reach the 200 mark in ODIs thrice till now. The Hit-Man of Indian Cricket has scored the highest individual runs of 264 in ODI against Sri Lanka in 2014 at the Eden Garden. Rohit is married to his long-time friend, Ritika Sajdeh who are now proud parents of a baby girl, Samaira Sharma. Post becoming father this is Rohit’s first birthday.
Here are some interesting facts about the ‘Hit-Man’ of Indian Cricket
- Rohit Sharma was the first Indian to score a hundred in T20s when he scored one for Mumbai against Gujarat in the 2006-07 edition of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 competition. He scored 101* off 45 balls with 13 fours and five sixes.
- Rohit Sharma is among those four cricketers who have won IPL with two different teams (Deccan Chargers and Mumbai Indians).
- Rohit Sharma is the only second Indian player after Sourav Ganguly to score a century in a knock out match in the ICC World Cup history.
- In 2015, Rohit was awarded Arjuna Award for his excellence in the Cricket.
- Rohit Sharma has a bowling hat-trick to his name. He did it in IPL when he was the part of Deccan Chargers.
- Rohit Sharma was first selected for the limited-overs matches on India's tour to Ireland in 2007. He made his One Day International debut against Ireland at Belfast, although he did not bat in the match.
- Rohit Sharma scored his maiden ODI half-century against Pakistan, at Jaipur on 18 November 2007 and was selected as part of India's 16-man squad for the 2007–08 Commonwealth Bank Series in Australia.
- In November 2013, during Sachin Tendulkar's farewell Test series, Sharma made his Test debut at Eden Gardens in Kolkata against the West Indies.
First Published : 30 Apr 2019, 11:43:05 AM