Defending champions India shall be taking on arch-rivals Pakistan in their opening game of the Champions Trophy at Edgbaston, Birmingham on Sunday. India are drawn in Group B with Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa.
India are currently placed at the number three spot in the ICC One Day rankings and go into the tournament as one of the strong title contenders.India won the last edition of the tournament in 2013 by beating hosts England in the finals.
Read | CT 2017 , India vs Pak: More than billion people to watch Year's biggest cricket encounter; ‘Men in Blue’ start as favourites
Here is a look at 10 major records, team as well as individual for Team India in Champions Trophy -
1. India has made eight successive appearances in the Champions Trophy since the inception of the tournament way back in 1998.
2. India is the only team apart from Australia to have won the Champions Trophy twice. The Indian team lifted the trophy twice in 2013 and 2002. They ended up as finalist in 2000 when they lost to New Zealand in the title clash. The Indians had made it to the semifinals in the first edition of the tournament in 1998.
3. India have the best win loss record out of all the in Champions Trophy. The 'Men in Blue' have played 24 matches out of which they won 15, giving them a staggering 71 percent winning rate.
4. Saurav Ganguly has scored the most runs for India in Champions Trophy. The elegant left-hander amassed 665 runs in 13 matches at an impressive average of 73.88
5. Sachin Tendulkar and Saurav Ganguly are the joint holder for the most runs scored in an innings by an Indian batsman in Champions Trophy. Saurav Ganguly scored an unbeaten 141 against South Africa at Nairobi back in 2000 Champions Trophy. Meanwhile Sachin scored 141 against Australia in Dhaka in 1998.
6. Zaheer Khan has scalped the most wickets for India in Champions Trophy. The left arm seamer took 15 wickets in 9 matches he played for India.
7. Ravindra Jadeja has the best bowling figures in an innings for India in Champions Trophy. Jadeja took 5 for 36 against West Indies at Oval in 2013.
8. Mahendra Singh Dhoni holds the record for the maximum dismissals by an Indian wicket-keeper. He has taken 11 catches and effected 4 stumping behind the wicket.
9. Saurav Ganguly has been the most successful captain for India in Champions Trophy. 'Dada' led India in 11 games out which the team won 7.
10 Rahul Dravid has played the most matches for India in Champions Trophy. 'Jammy' donned the Blue jersey in 19 matches for India