Ashish Nehra, the lanky Indian seamer has won numerous accolades for his fitness and amazing variations. The senior Indian fast bowler turned 37 on this Saturday, i.e. on 29th April and has impressed everyone with his resounding fitness and athleticism.
Apart from being the frontline bowler for India in the shorter formats like One Day Internationals and T20s, he has handled the mantle of seniority with utmost ease for his IPL team, Sunrisers Hyderabad too.
In the Indian team, he forms a formidable partnership with Jasprit Bumrah in the T20s and in the IPL, he has teamed up with Bhuvneshwar to form a lethal pair for Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Here are some important facts about Ashish Nehra:
1. Nehra made his debut for India in 1999 at the Asian Test Championship against Sri Lanka. He is however, one of the few remaining players who are still active in international cricket despite debuting before 2000.
2. Nehra has been part of four IPL teams.
3. He has been one of the fastest bowlers India has ever produced and still bowls at an average speed of 135 - 137 kilometers per hour.
4. He is the only Indian to take six wickets in ODIs twice -- against England and Sri Lanka.
5. He emerged as one of India's most successful bowlers in the 2016 World T20.
6. The 2003 ODI World Cup witnessed Nehra bowling with fire as he took his career best of 6 wickets for 23 runs against England.
7. Nehra has been plagued by injuries throughout his career before displaying tremendous fitness to make his international comeback in the past few years.
8. In the 2015 IPL, he claimed 22 wickets for Chennai Super Kings, the most by an Indian fast bowler
9. The year 2016 saw Nehra display brilliant form while playing in 15 T20s including the T20 World Cup. He bowled phenomenally as he grabbed 17 wickets at an average of 20.66 while conceding 7.01 runs per over.