English ladies on Sunday won their fourth ICC Women’s World Cup final by defeating India in a thriller at Lord’s in London. England bowler Anya Shrubsole took 6 wickets to break Indian batting’s backbone. Shrubsole’s with her sheroic bowling performance snatched the victory from the jaws of defeat by denting into India’s lower order in the death overs.
Apart Shrubsole, other women from different teams gave their heart to in a bid to win the biggest tournament of Women’s cricket.
Here is the list of star performers of the tournament:
1. Player of the Tournament: TT Beaumont (England) 410 runs in 9 matches
2. Leading Run Scorer: TT Beaumont (410 runs).
3. Leading wicket taker: D Van Niekerk (South Africa), 15 wickets in 7 matches.
4. Highest Scorer in an innings: AC Jayangani 178 Sri Lanka vs Australia
5. Player of the Match (Finals): Anya Shrubsole 6/46 vs India at Lord's
Top performers from Indian team:
1. Leading Run Scorer: Mithali Raj, 409 runs in 9 matches.
2. Leading wicket taker: Deepti Sharma, 12 wickets in 9 matches.
3. Best Figures in a match: RS Gaekwad, 5/15 vs NZ
4. Highest Score in an innings: Harmanpreet Kaur 171 (not out) vs Australia