After getting knocked out of ICC World Cup 2019, the men-in-blue are all set to gear up for bi-lateral series which is scheduled to begin on August 3. The team will to travel to West Indies for a full series comprising – two Tests, three ODIs and three T20Is. It is reported, that India's wicket-keeper batsman Mahendra Singh Dhoni is likely to miss the series which surrounds speculations that the recently turned 38 is set to retire from International cricket.
While the image of a crestfallen Dhoni took Indians back by 23 years when Vinod Kambli had a similar heartbreak in yet another semi-final that India had lost, the question about Dhoni’s future has gained prominence after a temporary emotional burst out of the fans.
With MS Dhoni hasn't made a final call on his retirement, the ball shift in selector's court as how they wish to treat the Indian hero. According to a report in Times of India, sources who have an idea about the inside proceedings said: “Dhoni will not go to the West Indies”.
Dhoni was dropped for the T20I series against Australia and the West Indies last year. It was said that since Dhoni will not be in the scheme of things for the 2020 World T20, so new alternatives were being tried. One would not be surprised if the same stance is taken this time as well. However, Dhoni has time and again proved his critics wrong and has come out strong.