It was Virat and AB all the way in Chinnaswamy
It Was Carnage And Run Feast At Chinnaswamy Stadium In Bangalore, When Two Best Batsmen Of Modern Era Virat Kohli And AB De Villiers Displayed Aggressive Batting. Both The Batsmen Were At Their Best Against Gujarat Lions And Showed Why They Are Called The Best. Both Of Them Went On To Score Centuries And Amazed 248 Runs In A T20 Match.
New Delhi :
It was carnage and run feast at Chinnaswamy stadium in Bangalore, when two best batsmen of modern era Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers displayed aggressive batting. Both the batsmen were at their best against Gujarat Lions and showed why they are called the best. Both of them went on to score centuries and amazed 248 runs in a T20 match.
There was flutter of boundaries and sixes at Chinnaswamy stadium and it was total entertainment for spectators. The South African south paw remained unbeaten on 129 off just 52 deliveries; while Kohli was dismissed on the second last ball of the innings for 109 off just 55 deliveries. The duo broke many records:
- RCB skipper Virat Kohli became the first player to score 3 centuries in edition of the IPL which no other have achieved.
- The duo broke their own record of 215 runs stand. The 229 runs stand between them was the highest ever in T20’s.
- The Royal Challengers Bangalore’s 248 was the second highest team total in IPL history.
- Virat and AB became the first pair to share 4-century stands in one IPL edition.
- It was for just second time when two batsmen score tons in a T20 match.
First Published : 15 May 2016, 09:51:00 AM