Google Doodle celebrates 120th anniversary of first modern Olympics, know some interesting facts
These Six Colors Are Those That Appear On All The National Flags Of The World At The Present Time. The 2016 Summer Olympics Will Be Held In The Brazilian City Of Rio De Janeiro From August 5, 2016 To August 21, 2016.
Search giant Google is today celebrating the 120th anniversary of the first modern Olympic Games with a doodle. The doodle on the homepage shows four different scenes when you refresh the page. Undoubtedly it remains the most prestigious sporting event across globe. It is designed by Olivia Huynh.
Some interesting facts:
- This sporting event was officially called the Games of the I Olympiad and first took place in Athens' Panathenaic Stadium in 1896.
- There were 9 different sports and 43 events, including the most notable marathon which had the greatest number of international athletes ever.
- The winner Spyridon 'Spyro' Louis was the only Greek champion in the athletics.
- London is the only city to have hosted the event on three occasions.
- Going by the definitive records which are few and far between the then rising influence of the Roman Empire is believed to have caused the decline of the formally-organised Games.
What do the Olympic rings signify?
It actually represents the five inhabited continents of the world, united by Olympism. You can see a white background, with five of interlaced rings in the center, blue, yellow, black, green and red.
These six colors are those that appear on all the national flags of the world at the present time. The 2016 Summer Olympics will be held in the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro from August 5, 2016 to August 21, 2016.
First Published : 06 Apr 2016, 12:03:00 PM