WWE SummerSlam 2018 Results: Final Results, highlights, Ronda Rousey show and Adios Brock Lesnar
World Wrestling Entertainmentâ€™s (WWE) SummerSlam 2018 is all but wrapped up after a decent show by all the WWE superstars. The four-hour long show gave the fans new champions, new feuds after violent starts and the return of Demon! Yes, the demon version of Finn Balor is back! WWEâ€™s biggest summer event was full of twists and the fans definitely enjoyed some of those.
WWE SummerSlam took place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York and the jam packed arena gave some memorable chants and moments for the superstars to remember.
LIVE | Asian Games 2018, Day 2: Updates, Score, Medals, Updates
The marquee matches saw Roman Reins lock horns against â€˜the beastâ€™ Brock Lesnar for the Universal title, while AJ Styles was matched-up with Samoa Joe for the WWE title. The feud between Daniel Bryan and The Miz also continued in a grudge match between both of them. In the womenâ€™s division Ronda Rousey was up against Alexa Bliss for the RAW Womenâ€™s title.
Here are the complete results of WWE SummerSlam:
- Rusev and Lana were defeated by Andrade Almas and Zelina Vega
- Cruiserweight Championship Match: Cedric Alexander retained his title as he defeated Drew Gulak.
- Raw Tag Team Championship Match: The champions B-Team defeated The Revival as Curtis Axel won the match for the champions after mistakenly countering an attack by The Revival.
- SummerSlam 2018 Main Event Results:
- Intercontinental Championship Match: Seth Rollins comfortably defeated Dolph Ziggler to win the Intercontinental championship as he hit the curb stomp after connecting a superkick to win the match.
- Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: The New Day became the new Smackdown Tag Team Champions by defeating The Bludgeon Brothers via disqualification. However, due to disqualification, there will be no title change.
- Money in the Bank Briefcase Match: Braun Strowman mauled Kevin Owens after hitting a chokeslam that was followed by a running powerslam.
- Triple Threat Match for the Smackdown Womenâ€™s Championship:
- Charlotte Flair defeated Carmella and Becky Lynch to win the belt as she hit Lynch with Natural Selection. The post-match promo saw Lynch and flair hug before the former smashed her in the face, which hinted us at a heel turn for Lynch.
- WWE Championship Match: Samoa Joe defeated AJ Styles by disqualification as Joe constantly poked Stylesâ€™ wife sitting in the crowd, triggering Styles to attack him with a chair. Again no chair.
- In another grudge match, The Miz defeated Daniel Bryan as Maryse slipped a pair of brass knuckles to her husband, which was exceptionally used by the Miz to knock Bryan out.
- Finn Balor (demon) defeated Constable Corbin in a quick match.
- United States Championship Match: Shinsuke Nakamura defended his title as he beat Jeff Hardy after finishing him off with a Kinshasa. Randy Orton made a special appearance after the match, but did nothing.
- Raw Womenâ€™s Championship Match: Ronda Rousey defeated Alexa Bliss to win her first WWE Championship and celebrated with her husband Travis Browne.
- Universal Championship Match: Roman Reigns won against Brock Lesnar to win the belt. But Strowman had announced that he would be cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase, but was unable to do so as Lesnar threw away his briefcase during the match.Â
First Published : 20 Aug 2018, 09:54:06 AM