Google on Saturday celebrated the 87th birth anniversary of legendary actor Amrish Puri with a doodle. Indian theatres important figure, Amrish Puri was born on June 22, 1932 in Lahore, Pakistan. He acted in more than 400 films between 1970 and 2005. It is difficult to choose our favourite movie by him. He has played some iconic roles of Mogambo’ in Mr India, ‘Jagavar’ in Vidhaata, ‘Thakral’ in Meri Jung, ‘Bhujang’ in Tridev, ‘Balwant Rai’ in Ghayal, and ‘Durjan Singh’ in Karan Arjun.
ALSO READ | Saina Nehwal Biopic: Manav Kaul to essay role of Pullela Gopichand?
After battling a rare kind of blood cancer Amresh Puri died on January 12, 2005. He has won numerous awards including the prestigious Sangeet Natak Academy award in the year 1979.
On Amrish Puri’s birth anniversary, we are giving a tribute to the actor by remembering some of his iconic dialogues.
1. Duniya ki nazar mein mare hue log kabhi zinda nahi hote ... varna zindagi khud pareshaan ho jaati hai
2. Rasam nibhane ke liye havan mein ghee dalna hi padta hai ... lekin phir ussi aag se ghar bhi jalaya ja sakta hai
3. Business mein laga hua rupaiya ... saanp ke daanto mein phase hue mendhak ki tarah hota hai
4. Mere dushmano ko sar chupane ke liye jagah dene waalon ... main tumhari chittaon ko jalne ke liye jagah nahi doonga
5. Main toh samajhta tha ki duniya mein mujhse badkar kamina aur koi nahi hai ... lekin tumne end mauke par aaisa kaminapan dikhaya hai ... ki hum tumhare kaminepan ke ghulam ho gaye hai
6. Aaisi maut maroonga is kamine ko ... ki bhagwan yeh punar janam waala system hi khatam kar dega
7. Joh achcha tairakh hota hai na ... woh toofani lehron mein beh nahi jaata ... balki unhi lehron ko apni naav bana leta hai
8. Yeh daulat bhi kya cheez hai ... jiske pass jitni bhi aati hai ... kam hi lagti hai
ALSO READ | Danny Boyle roots for Robert Pattinson as next James Bond