WhatsApp Groups (Photo Credit: File Photo)
"Is there any way to stop people from adding me to their WhatsApp group?" this question often passes through the minds of every WhatsApp users. The world’s most popular messaging app has given this freedom to add anyone to any group even when you had made a quit multiple time.
The Privacy controls in WhatsApp do not allow its users to block a group directly. However, you could prevent other WhatsApp users from adding you to groups using an option in the privacy settings.
So even though you may not have a direct alternative to leave WhatsApp group permanently or restrict WhatsApp group, the steps below will block those annoying users.
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone
2. Go to the Settings tab and under that click on the Accounts tab.
3. Once you’re the Accounts section, click on Privacy.
4. Tap on Groups.
5. Here you will see three options: “Everyone”, “My Contacts” and “Nobody”.
6. Depending on who you actually want to be added by, choose any one option.
The users must keep in mind that they choose the option ‘Nobody’ then the group admins will have the ability to send you a private invitation to the group. If the user feel that it’s a group that they want to be a part of then you can accept the invite.