Jio Free Wi-Fi Calling: Follow THESE Steps To Activate Service On Your Android, iOS Devices
Reliance Jio Recently Launched The Wi-Fi Calling System To Help Reduce Occurrences Of Call Drop Issues And Other Difficulties Faced By Mobile Phone Users, In Locations Where The Network Connectivity Is Comparatively Less.
Reliance Jio's new technology known as VoWiFi is designed to support both voice and video calls over any Wi-Fi network. (Photo Credit: Jio.com)
Jio Free Wi-Fi Calling: Reliance Jio recently launched the Wi-Fi calling system to help reduce occurrences of call drop issues and other difficulties faced by mobile phone users, in locations where the network connectivity is comparatively less. The new technology known as VoWiFi is designed to support both voice and video calls over any Wi-Fi network. This service switches between cellular network and Wi-Fi depending on the availability.
Also, there are no additional charges or data consumption for making calls through Wi-Fi. This means that you don't need to purchase a separate tariff plan to avail its benefits. However, users need to have an active Jio rechange plan on your number and a smartphone with Wi-Fi calling support. Reliance Jio said it is rolling out pan-India, however, there are limited number of android phones that can avail this benefit.
Jio Wi-Fi calling on an Android smartphone: Here’re the steps
- Users need to connect to an active Wi-Fi network.
- Go to search for Wi-Fi Calling or Wi-Fi calls option by going to the Settings menu.
- Enable the Wi-Fi calling option. This allows your smartphone to switch over between VoLTE and Wi-Fi networks during voice, video calls.
- According to Jio Wi-Fi calling webpage on the below mentioned smartphones can access the service:
- Mobiistar Vivo, Coolpad, Google, Infinix, Itel, , Motorola, Samsung, Tecno, Lava, and Xiaomi.
Jio Wi-Fi calling on an iPhone users: Here’re the steps
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi network
- Further tap Phone and then select the Wi-Fi Calling option.
- From the next tab that appears, enable the Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone option.
- This will enable your iPhone to switch over between VoLTE and Wi-Fi networks during voice, video calls.
First Published : 15 Feb 2020, 02:55:49 PM