Experts have given thumbs down to the Union Budget 2016-17. Many of the experts which joined News Nation in the panel discussion were dissatisfied from the budget. Here is what the experts said about this budget:
1) This budget is average or below average. Yes, the budget is more focused on rural sector, but the main issue is delivery mechanism in the state apparatus, the government has to deal with this basic issue first: NK Singh, Senior Jouranalist
2) As it is being presented, this Budget doesn’t even bring much for industrial sector. Direct Procurement, Dug well has been changed MNREGA, 500cr – Dr. JS Yadav, Agriculture Economist.
3) Government has already made it clear in the last budget that they won’t lower the Corporate Tax below 25 per cent for at least four years. There should have been something for the lower income group which earns between 2.5 Lakh to 5 Lakhs : Dinesh Verma, Tax expert
4) This is not a reformist budget at all. Government has announced this budget keeping in mind the elections in upcoming two years. Yes, it has all ingredients to garner the vote but the implementation is doubtful. It has provision of 40 per cent of funding from state and 60 per cent from the centre. Will there be any implementation if the state fails to fund its due?: Arun Jain, Co-chairman Assocham.
5) This budget, which has been come out after much exercise, is a confused budget. The budget is ‘Jack of all and master of none’. No specialized sector can feel that it has been benefitted: Ram Kripal Singh, Senior Journalist