News Nation Logo

BREAKING

Britain votes to leave European Union in historic divorce

In a historic development, the UK has voted to leave the European Union after 43 years as the ‘Brexit’ camp today took a seemingly unassailable lead over the ‘Remain’ camp in a down-to-wire referendum with far reaching implications for the world. 52 per cent of the Britons in yesterday’s vote favoured leaving the 28-member EU, while 48 per cent supported staying in the bloc, according to a BBC forecast after counting of 70 per cent of votes.

Updated : 24 June 2016, 12:34 PM

Videos