News Nation Logo

Jaipur’s Sawai Man Singh Hospital catches fire, patient dies

A fire broke out at Life Line drug store in Jaipur's Sawai Man Singh (SMS) Hospital on Friday. The smoke coming out of the store reached the nearby women's ward of the hospital, resulting in the death of a patient. Although the hospital authorities claimed that they timely evacuated all the patients, the family of deceased Bada Devi claimed that she died after inhaling the smoke. The hospital officials said that as soon as the fire broke out at the Life Line drug store near the women's ward, they shifted all the patients to a different ward and the smoke didn't cause Bada Devi's death.

Updated : 10 May 2019, 10:47 AM