According to reports, 1 person has died due to a 'gas leak' explosion in United Kingdom's Andover. There were reports that the body of a man was found after a house was collapsed by an explosion.
Hampshire police and firefighters says that the blast took place around 2:30 GMT and a joint fire and police investigation is under way.
The fire service and Hampshire Constabulary have launched an investigation.
In a joint statement, they said, "The body of a man has been found after an explosion in Andover at about 2.30am this morning (December 27). The explosion caused a building collapse in King Arthurs Way, Andover. Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service and its urban search and rescue teams are continuing to search the scene''.
Phil North, leader of Test Valley Borough Council, said: "This is truly devastating and our thoughts are with all those affected."
Gas company SGN said that its engineers are helping and have joined the emergency services on the site. "We understand an occupant in the property at the time of the explosion has died and our thoughts are with them and their family''.
''While it is too early to speculate as to what has happened, we're working closely with the emergency services to help identify the cause. In conjunction with the authorities, we're currently working to isolate gas supplies to property numbers one and two for safety'', it added in a statement.