It's World Radio Day: Some facts you should know
World Radio Day Is Observed On February 13 Every Year. In A Bid To Raise Awareness On The Importance Of Radio This Day Is Celebrated All Over The World. The Eyes Free Medium Is One Of The Best Forms Of Entertainment Which Is Easily Available To All From Rural To Urban Areas.
New Delhi :
World Radio Day is observed on February 13 every year. In a bid to raise awareness on the importance of radio this day is celebrated all over the world. The eyes free medium is one of the best forms of entertainment which is easily available to all from rural to urban areas.
By connecting us with the remote communities, radio also helps bridging the communication gap. This year, the theme for World Radio Day is "Radio in Times of Emergency and Disaster" by UNESCO.
PM Modi also extended his greetings on Saturday on the occasion of World Radio Day and called "radio a beautiful means of communication".
Here are some of the important facts you should know about World Radio Day:
- On September 2010 Spain proposed to observe World Radio Day.
- World Radio Day is observed to raise awareness about the importance of radio.
- Radio broadcasting started in India in the early 1920's. The first programme was aired by the Radio club of Bombay in 1923.
- Two Broadcasting Services were set up in Mumbai (then Bombay) and Kolkata (then Calcutta).
- At present there are 231 Radio Stations.
- All India Radio has now become one the largest broadcasting networks in the world.
Gulzar presenting a Vishesh Jaimala programme
Uma Devi at Vividh Bharti Studios
RD Burman recording a song
Master Raju and Gulzar presenting a Vishesh Jaimala programme
Alka Yagnik at Vivdh Bharti Studios
For all the Latest World News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 13 Feb 2016, 05:56:00 PM