News Nation Logo

BREAKING

Turkey restricts access to social media after Islamic State releases video of two Turkish soldiers being burned alive

A Monitoring Organisation Says Turkey Restricted Access To Social Media Websites After The Islamic State Group Released A Video Purportedly Showing Two Turkish Soldiers Being Burned Alive.

PTI | Updated on: 23 Dec 2016, 07:16:44 PM
Representative Image

Ankara:

A monitoring organisation says Turkey restricted access to social media websites after the Islamic State group released a video purportedly showing two Turkish soldiers being burned alive.

IS released the video late on Thursday, which purports to show the killing of two soldiers captured while fighting the militants in or around the northern Syrian town of al-Bab last month.

Turkish officials have not commented on the video.  Turkey Blocks, an internet monitoring website, said it had detected the “throttling of Twitter and YouTube,” affecting many users in Turkey.

ALSO READ: (Islamic State releases video showing captured Turkish soldiers being burned alive)

Turkey frequently restricts access to social media websites to prevent the spread of graphic images and other material authorities say would harm public order or security.

For all the Latest World News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 23 Dec 2016, 07:05:00 PM

Related Tags:

ISIS Turkey

Videos