News Nation Logo

BREAKING

US acknowledges its forces were behind airstrike on Mosul that killed at least 100 people

An “initial Review' Showed That The Coalition Struck ISIS Fighters And Equipment In West Mosul At The Request Of Iraq Forces And “at The Location Corresponding To Allegations Of Civilian Casualties,' The Task Force Leading The Coalition Said In A Statement.

News Nation Bureau | Edited By : Saurabh Kumar | Updated on: 26 Mar 2017, 07:08:19 AM
US acknowledges its forces were behind airstrike on Mosul

New Delhi:

American Officials on Sunday confirmed that the airstrike targeting Islamic State militants in the Iraqi city of Mosul that witnesses say killed at least 100 people was in fact launched by the U.S. military.

Earlier, U.S. officials were unsure whether American forces were behind the March 17 airstrike.

Also Read: Iraqi forces seize west Mosul, Islamic State jihadists 'trapped'

An “initial review” showed that the coalition struck ISIS fighters and equipment in west Mosul at the request of Iraq forces and “at the location corresponding to allegations of civilian casualties,” the task force leading the coalition said in a statement.

Also Read: 'English for Islamic State': 'G' is for gun, 'S' for sniper, 'B' for battle in ISIS English textbooks for kids in Mosul

The coalition said it takes all allegations of civilian casualties seriously and a formal Civilian Casualty Credibility Assessment had been opened to determine the facts surrounding this strike and the validity of the allegation of civilian casualties.

For all the Latest World News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 26 Mar 2017, 06:57:00 AM

Related Tags:

Mosul U.S. Military

Videos