With Eyes On Polls, Trump 'Charms' Indian-Americans At 'Howdy Modi' Event: Top Quotes
Addressing A Gathering Of Over 50,000 Strong People, Mostly Immigrants From India, Trump Said That The US Is Proud To Have Indians As Americans.
With eye on polls, Trump 'Charms' Indian-Americans at mega event with PM Modi - Top Quotes
US President Donald Trump on Sunday attended a mega rally at NRG Stadium in Houston with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The mega event - Howdy, Modi: Shared Dreams, Bright Futures was organised to highlight the contribution of Indo-Americans in United States. Addressing a gathering of over 50,000 strong people, mostly immigrants from India, Trump said that the US is "proud to have Indians as Americans". Reciprocating to Modi’s endorsement to his return to power in next year’s presidential polls, Trump said that Modi is America’s "greatest, most loyal friend" and under his leadership, the world is witnessing a strong, thriving and sovereign India.
Below are the top quotes of Trump’s ‘Howdy Modi’ event address:
- As a result of PM Modi's pro growth policies, India has lifted nearly 300 million out of poverty, and that is an incredible number. Under PM Modi the world is witnessing a strong, thriving and sovereign India.
- India has never invested in Unites States like it is doing today, and I want to say it is reciprocal because we are doing the same thing in India. Our relationship today is stronger than ever before and we are grounded in commitment to democracy.
- Indian-Americans are pioneering in medicine, founding new business and providing jobs to thousands. Proud to have Indians as Americans.
- Today we honour all of the brave American and Indian military service members who work together to safeguard our freedom. We are committed to protecting innocent civilians from the threat of radical Islamic terrorism.
- Very soon India will have to access to another world class American product-NBA basketball. Wow, sounds good. Next week thousands in Mumbai will watch the first ever NBA game in India..am I invited Mr. Prime Minister? I may come, be careful I may come.
- We stand proudly protecting innocent Indian-Americans from the threat of radical Islamic terrorism.
- I look forward to work with Modi to make our nations more prosperous than ever before, Trump says as he praises role of Indian Americans.
For all the Latest World News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 22 Sep 2019, 11:28:52 PM