New Delhi :
Country's largest car-maker Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to give a new year present to all the auto lovers with the launch of its much awaited mini-SUV Ignis. The all new premium crossover is likely to be launched on January 13, 2017.
Maruti Suzuki Ignis will be the third car from company's premium NEXA chain of outlets after Baleno and the S-Cross already gushing in the domestic auto market.
In the highly compact SUV segment, Ignis will get a tough fight from the Mahindra's KUV 100 and Renault's Kwid 1.0. Although it is still unlikely to comment on the performance of the car, let's feature the specifications which the all new Ignis may feature under its hood.
Here are some of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis' features and specifications:
1. First featured at the Delhi Auto Expo 2016, the Maruti Suzuki Ignis is likely to sport a 1.2 litre K-Series Petrol engine and 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine.
2. If a 1.2 litre K-Series Petrol engine is featured on Ignis, it will be capable of producing maximum power of 8 bhp at 6000 rpm. While the 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine will be able to pump out peak power of 73.9 bhp with 4000 rpm.
3. Maruti is also said to be considering 1.0 BoosterJet turbo-petrol engine and it also expected that Ignis might feature SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) technology.
4. On the measurement front, Maruti Ignis is 3,700mm long, 1,660mm wide and 1,595mm tall. The wheelbase is 2.435 mm long and the ground clearance for the car is 180mm.
5. Filling up the large infotainment void which most of the mid-range Maruti cars misses out is expected to be covered up in Ignis. It is expected that it will come handy with features like Harman Kardon audio system with Apple Carplay, smartphone connectivity and safety measures such as airbags, hill descent control and ABS with EBD.
6. Maruti keeping in mind a high-end stylish look for its car has given Ignis projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, a mean looking grille and a heavy looking front bumper.
7. Giving a tough fight for money to other hatchbacks present in the market, Maruti Suzuki Ignis expected to be priced around somewhere in the range of Rs 5 lakhs- 8.5 lakhs (ex-showroom)