Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday claimed that there had been no major terrorists related incident in the country in the last four years under the Narendra Modi government, adding that Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan can seek India's help if he cannot handle the fight against terrorism alone.
"I want to ask the Pakistani prime minister (Imran Khan) that if in Aghanistan, a fight can be carried out against terror and Taliban with the help of the US, then, Pakistan can seek help against terrorism from India if it feels that it cannot handle it alone," Singh while addressing a press conference at Jaipur in poll-bound Rajasthan.
"I do not want to claim that terrorism has stopped, but no major terrorist incident has happened in the country in last four-and-a-half years,” he said.
Singh said Jammu and Kashmir was not an issue as it was an integral part of the country. "The issue is of terrorism, and Pakistan can discuss it," Singh said
Singh also hit back at Congress president Rahul Gandhi for his remark on 'surgical strikes’, asking him why did not the Congress make the Army's valour and effort public. “People have a right to know achievements of the Army. He is suddenly realising this now?” Singh said.
Referring to the surgical strikes on terror pads across the LoC on September 29, 2016, Gandhi, at a gathering at Udaipur, on Saturday said: "Like during the Narendra Modi government, surgical strike was conducted thrice during Manmohan Singh government. Are you aware of it? Modi actually reached into the Army's domain and shaped surgical strike into a political asset
Singh also accused the Congress of creating a crisis of distrust in politics and claimed there was a difference in their words and deeds.
Singh said Panchayat elections in J&K is being conducted successfully.
"The government has brought Jammu and Kashmir into political process. As far as terrorism is concerned, there is no second thought that it is Pakistan sponsored," the home minister said.
Singh assured that the problem of Naxalism will get eliminated from the country in the coming years.
“Naxal-related incidents have come down by 50-60 per cent in the last four years, he said.
(With PTI inputs)