No relief from Centre, states for Nagaland disaster (Photo- Twitter/@KirenRijiju)
Nagaland has been hit by an unprecedented disaster last month and it is yet to receive any relief fund from the Centre or other state governments, the Assembly was informed on Tuesday.
Relief received from individuals and NGOs under the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund till date is Rs 4.69 crore, Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio said.
“The amount is being utilised for relief, rehabilitation, ex-gratia for the affected families and to meet the critical gaps not covered under National Disaster Response Force sanctions,” he said in a written reply to a query from opposition MLA Muthingyuba Sangtam.
Flash floods and landslides in Nagaland have affected at least 13.19 per cent of the state’s population while 5408.57 acres of agricultural land have also been impacted.
After the visit of Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju on August 6, the state government had submitted a memo seeking a fund of Rs 800 crore.
The chief minister said in the assembly that detailed list of affected persons are being compiled by the administration of the affected districts.