China has not yet withdrawn troops from Doklam, says Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa
Speaking ahead of Indian Air Force’s 85th anniversary on October 08, 2017, Air Force Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa on Thursday said that IAF is capable of carrying out a two-front war and can destroy Pakistan's nuclear weapons if the need arises.
Dhanao said Air Force needs 42 squadrons to carry out a full spectrum of operations in case war breaks out on two fronts and IAF has that number.
"We need 42 squadrons to carry out the full spectrum of operations in case of two-front war. With numbers, we've got, we are capable of carrying it out," IAF chief Dhanoa told ANI.
Reacting to the issue of the tactical nuclear weapon of Pakistan, Dhanoa said, "Air Force has the capability to locate, fix and strike across the border."
"IAF is prepared to fight at short notice in full synergy with other two sister services, should the need arise, he added.
Earlier last month, after the end of Doklam standoff with China, Army Chief General Bipin Rawat had said the nation must be must be prepared for two-front war with China and Pakistan.
“As far as our western adversary is concerned, we don’t see any scope of reconciliation, because the military, polity and people of that nation have been made to believe that their eastern adversary, which is India, is all out to break the nation into pieces. Therefore, the kind of propaganda that is prevailing on to our west, makes them believe that India is their long-term adversary and will continue to remain so,” he said.
Dhanoa said China has not yet withdrawn its troops from Chambi Valley, Doklam even after the two countries have reached an agreement to end the two-month-long standoff.
"Their (China) forces in Chumbi Valley (Doklam) are still deployed and I expect that they withdraw as summer exercise gets over," IAF chief Dhanoa said.
Indian and Chinese troops had been locked in a standoff in Dokalam since June 16 after Indian troops stopped the Chinese army from building a road in the disputed area.
After rounds of rhetoric and diplomatic talks, the standoff came to an end in August after both countries reached a mutual agreement and deiced to pull back their troops.
In June this year, Army Chief Rawat had said that “Indian Army is fully ready for a two and a half front war” with Pakistan, China and internal insurgents (Naxals).
However, Air Chief Marshal denied using force against Naxals and said “we don’t use kinetic air power against our people.”
“We don't use kinetic air power against our people. We are in Recce& transport role in Op-Triveni,” Dhanoa said on involvement in anti-naxal operations.