New Delhi :
Finally the CBI has today undertaken the murder investigation of Seven year old Pradyuman Thakur, a student of Ryan International school of Gurugram.
The action came after the father of the deceased child threatened to move the Supreme Court (SC) if the agency did not take over the investigation by tomorrow.
According to CBI spokesperson Abhishek Dayal, a notification was received from the central government today which compelled the CBI to take over. According to the procedure, it has re-registered the FIR of the Gurgaon Police which had been probing the matter.
"The CBI took over the investigation into the said case which was registered at Bhondsi police station in Gurgaon under sections 302 (murder) of the IPC, 25 of the Arms Act, 12 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and 75 of the Juvenile Justice Act read with section 34 of IPC," he said.
Pradhuman Thakur, a Class 2 student, was found dead with his throat slit in a toilet of the school on September 8. Ashok Kumar one of the bus conductor was arrested the same day for allegedly killing the child.
Earlier in the day, Pradhuman's father Barun Thakur had told a press conference here that he had appealed to the top leaders of the country to expedite the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) inquiry into the "sensitive matter".
Thakur's lawyer alleged that the CBI inquiry had not yet started despite the Haryana government recommending it. "If the formal inquiry by the CBI is not started by tomorrow, then Barun Thakur will move the Supreme Courton Monday," he added.
(With PTI inputs)