Antioxidant-rich foods for the ultimate healthy diet
When talking about a healthy diet, antioxidant-rich foods are always the solution. Every health article and news talks about the importance of detoxing the body. This is mostly because the modern urban lifestyle such as the harsh sun exposure, environmental pollution and constant exposure to radiation are leading to higher amounts of free radicals being formed in the body. Antioxidant rich food cleanses the blood and the best way to cleanse the body is by consuming fruits and vegetables.
Also Read | Norway: These travel destinations are sure to leave you spellbound!
Here are the assembly of antioxidant rich that will provide you with all the antioxidant benefits you need:
- Jamun or Indian blackberry: Jamun, also known as Indian blackberry, has all the elements needed for a good detox. Jamun contains anthocyanins, flavonoids, ellagic acid and gallic acid which have an anti-carcinogenic effect on the body organs. The fruit also contains vitamins A and C that will help protect the cells damaged by free radicals.
- Broccoli: This dark green vegetable is not only rich in protein but is also a rich source of antioxidants. The vitamin C in broccoli is a good immunity source while the flavonoids, carotenoids, lutein, zeaxanthin, beta-carotene and other antioxidants in this vegetable help the body stay in shape.
- Turmeric: As a spice, turmeric have long been used in ancient Indian food preparation as an antioxidant. Turmeric contains curcumin which not only reverses the effect of free radicals, but also helps to prevent its development in the first place. Turmeric milk has also been known to keep unwanted wrinkles and diseases at bay.
- Guava: With a rich, high dietary fibre source, guava is also among the leading antioxidant rich foods. Guava contains Vitamin A, C, lycopene chronic ailments such as earaches, sore throats, digestive disorders, urinary tract difficulties, hepatitis, prostatitis, and eye conditions. The lycopene also acts as a great remedy for soft tissues, blood vessels, bones, joints, and the liver and heart.
- Beetroot: Beetroot contains iron, potassium, manganese, folate and other antioxidant element such as polyphenols and betalains. You can eat them as a salad, soup or juice to purify the blood. Beetroot can also be used as a natural makeup such as that of a lip stain, cheek stain and even hair colour.
- Cinnamon: You might know this food as a spice or a sprinkler for your desserts and pastries, but cinnamon is loaded with powerful anti-fungal, antibacterial, antioxidants properties such as polyphenols. This bark food also comes with an anti-oxidative property so strong that it can be found in most of the natural food preservative.
First Published : 12 Oct 2018, 01:45:27 PM